Someone who develops and brings to market a technology solution (new app, sensor, AR-Augmented Reality, etc.) to address a problem in society or within the business world. This is a wide open career, and rather risky, but the potential is also great. If you have an idea for a new product, and a good sense for business, this may be the career for you! Frequently, the wealthiest people in the world are technical entrepreneurs, and if you have the right idea, you could be the next one!
A Typical Day
Daily tasks are largely dependent upon the specifics of the enterprise, but may include:
- Manage or work with people of various skill sets.
- Complete technical work, such as design, programming.
- Be aware of, and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Make decisions about the strategic direction of the enterprise.
Bachelor Degree or Master's Degree
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
Elsewhere in Michigan
Online: first steps to take, developer packets, MS/Oracle will send packets to create apps,
Explore This Career
Try it before you buy it!
- Join Junior Achievement at your school
- Start or join a business club (ex. DECA)
- Participate in an online problem solver contests (ex. Cisco)
- Go to TC New Tech and consider joining
- Take an idea from a concept to a finished product and selling it (could be a game, useful tool or service, even a work of art)
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Take high school classes in technology and business that can help you develop important skills.
Start your own business, work with SCORE and 20Fathoms to get started.
Sample Job Titles...
- Tech Entrepreneur