Process, maintain, and report patient information for health requirements and standards in a manner consistent with the healthcare industry's numerical coding system.
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- See more occupations related to this task.
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
Explore This Career
Try it before you buy it!
Take biology and chemistry classes, physiology and anatomy if available.
Tour NorthEd Career Tech's Health Sciences Program.
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
- Health Information Clerk
- Health Information Technician (Health Information Tech)
- Medical Records Analyst, Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Records Technician (Medical Records Tech)
10-Year Job Growth Projections
Wage Range & Median Michigan
Annual Hires Regionally
Real World Career Pathways
It doesn't have to be a straight shot! Hear from people who have taken unique pathways.