Teach classes or speak to the public about up-to-date medical and health matters. Work with communities to provide and manage health education programs to promote healthy lifestyles and maintain those choices long-term. Help people improve their lives through the formation of mindful healthy habits. Fight against disinformation and misunderstanding to help communities make the right decisions regarding public health matters.
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Create and maintain working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care.
- Maintain databases, mailing lists, and telephone networks to facilitate the functioning of health education programs.
- Document activities and record information, such as the numbers of applications completed, presentations conducted, and persons assisted.
- Create and present health education and promotion programs
- Work with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services and to make goals for meeting needs.
- Create, conduct or coordinate health needs assessments and other public health surveys.
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
Explore This Career
Try it before you buy it!
Work to improve your lifestyle choices where possible! Healthy can mean many things, from sensible nutrition decisions, to exercise, or mental health improvements. Work with your parental guardians to make a healthy plan!
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Clinical Instructor
- Community Health Consultant
- Education Coordinator
- Health Education Coordinator
Hear It From The Pros
10-Year Job Growth Projections
Wage Range & Median 10-County Region
Annual Hires Regionally
Real World Career Pathways
It doesn't have to be a straight shot! Hear from people who have taken unique pathways.