Environmental Scientists are the watchers of our wilds. Work to help improve humanity's understanding of the environment, how to protect it, and our place in it. Identify, investigate, and eliminate sources of pollution and hazards to protect the environment and public health. Help us understand, and study questions about our natural ecosystems, as well as advise others in the best way to interact with them. If you care about the environment, and enjoy science, be sure to check out this career!
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Provide scientific or technical guidance, or oversight to governmental agencies, environmental programs, industry, or the public.
- Review and implement environmental technical standards, guidelines, policies, and formal regulations.
- Collect and analyze data, and write reports environmental data.
- Communicate scientific or technical information.
- Provide advice on proper standards and regulations
- Prepare charts or graphs from data samples on the environmental relevance of the data.
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
- Environmental Analyst
- Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
- Environmental Programs Specialist
- Environmental Protection Specialist