Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury.
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Plan, prepare, or carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans for reevaluation.
Doctorate and license (required to pass the State Board exam)
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
Northwest Lower Michigan
Grand Valley State University (NMC University Center)
Any Bachelor’s degree as long as you have pre-requisites (check your desired D.P.T. school) such as Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, Physics, and others
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
- Inpatient Physical Therapist
- Home Health Physical Therapist
- Outpatient Physical Therapist
- Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Neural Physical Therapist