Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
Elsewhere in Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Nursing:
- Ferris State University*
- Grand Valley State University*
- Baker College of Cadillac
- Saginaw Valley State University
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing:
Explore This Career
Try it before you buy it!
NES (formerly TBAISD) Career Tech Center – Allied Health
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Northwest Education Services (formerly TBAISD) Career Tech Center - Allied Health
Get an Associates in Nursing - NMC
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
- Charge Nurse
- Staff RN
- Emergency Room Nurse
- Cardiology Nurse
- Oncology Nurse
- Public Health Nurse
- Home Health Nurse
Hear It From The Pros
10-Year Job Growth Projections
Wage Range & Median 10-County Region
Annual Hires Regionally
Real World Career Pathways
It doesn't have to be a straight shot! Hear from people who have taken unique pathways.