Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, or topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, or domestic purposes.
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
Northwest Lower Michigan
Engineering Certificate/Associates Degree -
- NMC (has articulation agreements with several other 4-year programs in Michigan)
Explore This Career
Try it before you buy it!
See if your school has a robotics/engineering team, and consider joining. Or look at one of the educational programs available in the local advantage pathway.
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Get a local Associates Degree or Engineering Certificate -
Transfer from NMC to one of the universities it has an articulation agreement with.
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
- Materials processing managers
- Project managers
- Robotics engineers
- System developers
- Biomedical engineers
- Design Engineer
- Project Engineer
Hear It From The Pros
10-Year Job Growth Projections
Wage Range & Median 10-County Region
Annual Hires Regionally
Other Regional Career Resources
Real World Career Pathways
It doesn't have to be a straight shot! Hear from people who have taken unique pathways.