Drive the design and development of manufactured products, parts and structures and manage processes like quality control and process optimization. Engineering is a very broad field and has various specializations. If you enjoy math and science, there is probably a branch of engineering that fits you!
Make a Difference
A Typical Day
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
Education & Training
Regional employers often hire graduates of these programs.
The Local Advantage Learning Pathway
Apply to join advanced curriculum programs:
Take AP classes for college credit like Calculus I and II.
Ask your high school counselor about dual enrollment at NMC.
- Calculus III (MTH 241)
- Differential Equations (MTH 251)
- Intro to Engineering (EGR 101)
Complete your general education requirements for Engineering at NMC before you transfer to a 4-year school.
Contact one of these companies and ask for an informational interview, to see if you can job shadow, or to find out if they hire interns.
Sample Job Titles...
Hear It From The Pros
10-Year Job Growth Projections
Wage Range & Median 10-County Region
Annual Hires Regionally
Real World Career Pathways
It doesn't have to be a straight shot! Hear from people who have taken unique pathways.